It was a grooming offense

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rally Against Sexual Abusers
This is not an offender therapy group. My husband falls into the "grooming" type of offense. Been there done that, bought the T shirt. It is not my job to worry in this group if an offender is lying to himself..That is between him and his therapist we are here to fight the insane hysteria and dracion SO laws. There are so many DIFFERENT types of sex offenses and sex offenders. I am not a clinician and neither are you.
So speaks Linda Pehrson, one of the speakers at the Columbus Ohio Rally. Linda's husband molested his step-daughter, Linda's daughter and when he was released from prison she brought him back into the home. She calls it "family reunification". This was not a spur of the moment molestation. A "situational offense" as the pedoheads call it. No, Charles groomed this child. Linda's daughter.

Now let's look at another speaker at the rally. Margie Slagle an Ohio attorney and representative of the Ohio Justice & Policy Center is taking issue with sex offender registry laws. Her first case in law school was to fight against residency restrictions placed upon her client Edward Dion Burge.
"He was not a child molester," Slagle said. "He had consensual sex with a woman who was not old enough to consent — and that was a crime."

"He's a great father," Slagle said. "He loves children. It's ridiculous to lump him in with as a child molester and as a threat to the community."
But the prosecutor tells us a different story. Gary Nasal says:
"Certainly he is a sexually oriented offender, and certainly, I would classify him as a child molester," Nasal said. "He did, in fact, groom this child and pursue her."
Margie should be very comfortable then in the company of Linda and Betty. Margie Slagle says:
"Hopefully we can help him and make this end," she said, "so he can go on and live his life."

Slagle will continue to fight against these laws and for a man she says she'd trust with her own children.
Now let's go back to Betty Price for a moment
FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS - Linda's husband may not be a predator. I don't see where said that he was. Their are different categories - Sexual Predator, Sex Offender, child molestor, Pedophile, Rapists, etc. You have know idea whether Linda protects her child or not. You have no idea what family boundaries they have set. I also was sexually abused as a child. Once at the age of 6 by my Aunt's Father in Law. Then again at age 11 by a cousin. I am not a victim. I am a survivor. Have you gone into counseling? That may help. You most likely have PTSD. By the way, I am married to a sex offender. The first husband was an abusive alcoholic. I was physicall, mentally, emotionally and SEXUALLY abused by him. This one is hard for me to forgive. I left him in 1999. My children have told me things they remember. They were not being coached. Unfortunately, my oldest daughter is falling in Daddys steps and drinking way too much. She is be emotionally abused by her husband and I blame myself for her
And now for a preview of Betty's speech she plans to give at the Columbus Ohio Rally.
Greetings Everyone,

I am here to speak about my being a Survivor of Child Sexual Abuse at the age of 6 and 10. Both people were known to my family. The one when I was 6 was an elderly known by my family and the one at 10 was a cousin.

When I was 6 this man put me on his lap and stuck his hand down my pants while no one was in the room. I knew enough to know that it didn't feel right so I jumped off his lap and stayed right with my Mommy the rest of the day. I didn't tell because 44 years ago we were not told these things. My cousin, when I was 10, tried to rape me, but I fought and got away. Let's just say my foot hit the right spot. I still did not tell. Not only because I still didn't know it was against the law, but I didn't want to cause trouble within my family. I guess at ten I was old enough to know that it would cause family trouble.

I never felt like a victim, mainly because I had never heard the word I guess. As a matter of fact, I didn't even think about it until my little girls were growing up so I did know to watch them closely. The older one was abused while myself, my EX Mother-In-Law, and her Sister, who was the wife of the man were all in the kitchen and he got my oldest alone in the living room. This was on Thanksgiving Day. She did tell me about it, but I just made sure we stayed away from them. At that time, it wasn't all over the news and I still didn't know it was illegal. She and I are glad that we didn't know that because we would have not wanted him to go through what sex offenders and their families go through today. My daughter is also a Survivor. I told her she was strong enough to not let it hurt her and that God expected her to forgive Uncle ??.

I feel that I am a Survivor mainly because I was brought up in church my entire childhood. I was taught that God forgives his Children and that he expects his children to forgive others. I have forgiven my Abusers many years ago and my daughter has done the same thing. This is not something that is constantly on my mind. I rarely ever think about it, except when it comes to Speaking out in Public about the Treatment of Sex Offenders and their families that is totally undeserved. My Parents also taught me that once a person has Paid his debt to society, that all was forgiven and he had the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Today, that is for any criminal except sex offenders who have the lowest recidivism rate of all other crimes! We do need laws for Habitual Offenders, Sexual Predators, Violent Sexual Predators and Pedophiles as they are the most dangerous. If we took all but those off of the Registry, it would be so very much more manageable.

If you don't mind I would like to know if we have any Survivors or any Victims in the audience. If you don't mind and you are a victim, please raise your hand. If you are a Survivor and do not mind please raise your hand. (at this point I will have someone passing out our pamphlet to those who raise their hands).

I now have a poem to read that is very fitting for Survivors and Victims:

Forgive the Hurts
Forgiveness will never fail to free you.
— Jerrold Mundis
How do we forgive when
we are angry and hurt?

As a first step, we can be willing to truly feel our anger and hurt. Honouring our feelings by being fully present with them helps to release the feelings themselves.

And it helps to remember that people only hurt others when they themselves are in pain. When we can recognize the other person ïs suffering, our heart can open in compassion. We can also remember that at some time or another, we too have hurt someone through our own unskilful action.

Only love can heal the rifts caused by a hurtful deed. Forgiveness holds immense power because it mends separation. It moves us towards the unity and love that lie at the core of our being. It is a fundamental part of the healing process.
"Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future."
— Paul Boese
"God has a big eraser."
— Billy Zeoli
_________________
Betty J Price, Executive Director
Roar for Freedom

"She did tell me about it, but I just made sure we stayed away from them. At that time, it wasn't all over the news and I still didn't know it was illegal. She and I are glad that we didn't know that because we would have not wanted him to go through what sex offenders and their families go through today."

Very fine specimen to be representing sex offenders don't ya think? Who else could possibly be this stupid?
blog comments powered by Disqus