Unsympathetic

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Let me state this up front: I am a convert, from agnostic to a believer. I believe in God, in Good and Evil. But I feel I have to write about this turn of events from an unsympathetic viewpoint.


SAN DIEGO - The Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego said Tuesday that it planned to file for bankruptcy protection to put off going to trial in more than 140 lawsuits alleging sexual abuse by priests.
When I worked Child Abuse for a major California law enforcement agency I had the prime suspect in one of my cases "disappeared" and moved from the local diocese. I was not at all pleased. Additionally, at the time, I was told to drop the case and move on with others.

Wrong is wrong, and Evil is Evil, no matter the robe or uniform or inclination. I am fresh out of sympathy when I read of this turn of events.

BZ
blog comments powered by Disqus