In 2006, Tom O'Carroll was jailed for distributing indecent images of children.
Tom's involvement in pedophile activism did not stop at P.I.E.; As part of his effort to gain acceptance for adults sexually abusing children, he'd authored a book titled "Paedophilia: The Radical Case," in which he rationalized behavior such as child molestation.
From the third chapter of his book, titled "The 'Molester' and His 'Victim'" (make sure you've got a barf-bag ready for this one):
"Take, for instance, the little girl who will happily smile at and chatter to a 'nice man', and will sit across his knee with her legs apart. If the man is susceptible to paedophilic feelings, he may be tempted to see this as 'seductive' behaviour, when the child in fact may be quite unaware of the way he is interpreting events – she may be exhibiting, in the traditional sense, all the 'innocence' of childhood (even though, quite independently, she may also be highly sexed and know how to give herself an orgasm). The usual assumption is that this potential for misunderstanding is bound to be a bad thing, but this is not necessarily so."It gets worse...
"In our example, the man might start by saying what pretty knickers the girl was wearing, and he would be far more likely to proceed to the next stage of negotiation if she seemed pleased by the remark than if she coloured up and closed her legs. Despite being wrong' about her intentional sexual seductiveness, he might never-the-less be right in gradually discovering that the child is one who likes to be cuddled and who thinks it great fun to be tickled under her knickers. In addition, it should be remembered that even though the child's 'sexual' behaviour may not have been sexually motivated, this does not mean that she is totally unaware of her power to attract, which she may well use deliberately to gain attention and affection."Negotiating sexual advances towards a child? - it all sounds an awful lot like the grooming process doesn't it?
And this is another book that you'll find on Amazon.com, because: "As a retailer, our goal is to provide customers with the broadest selection possible so they can find, discover, and buy any item they might be seeking." ....even if that item is encouraging adults to sexually molest and exploit children.
You can express your concern to the people at Amazon.com over their decision to sell books like Tom O'Carrolls "Paedophilia: The Radical Case," at the following e-mails:
Amazon.coms board of directors:
- Jeffrey Bezos, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board
- Tom Alberg, Madrona Venture Group
- John Seely Brown, Visiting Scholar and Advisor to the Provost at USC
- John Doerr, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- William B. Gordon, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Alain Monié, Ingram Micro Inc.
- Myrtle Potter, Myrtle Potter and Company, LLC
- Thomas Ryder, Reader's Digest Association, Inc.
- Patricia Stonesifer, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Other high-level Amazon.com staff:
- Andrew Jassy, Senior Vice President, Web Services
- Steven Kessell, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Digital Media
- Marc Onetto, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Operations
- Diego Piacentini, Senior Vice President, International Retail
- Shelley Reynolds, Vice President, Wordwide Controller and Principal Accounting Officer
- Jeff Wilke, Senior Vice President, North America Retail
- Thomas Szkutak, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
A good way of contacting all of the e-mails above at once is by using your e-mail accounts Bcc function. You can do that by copying the following list (as it's shown) of e-mail addresses into the Bcc section when sending an e-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org - Werner Vogels, Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of Amazon.com email@example.com - Adam Selipsky, Vice President
- Steve Rabuchin, Director
- Ian Freed, Vice President, Digital
- Michelle Wilson, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Sam Wheeler, Director, Advertising & Partnerships
- Bill Carr, Vice President, Digital Media
- Jinesh Varia, Web Services Evangelist
- Colin Bodell, Vice President, Platform Operations of Amazon.com
- Mike Culver, Web Services Evangelist
- Jeff Barr, Lead Web Services Evangelist
- Simone Brunozzi, European Web Services Evangelist
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,